Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tidbits

Hey All,
Not much has happened today, but I thought I would blog anyways.  For Mom and Dad who may not know yet, the boss who I am not quite fond of was fired the other day in an episode that shocked everybody.  I'm not glad that she was fired, but it is much nicer and calmer with her gone.  Sarah, the manager who took her place, is  one that I really like and she is so encouraging and trusts that you know what you are doing.  This evening I kept checking in with her to make sure that she was fine with what I was doing and every time she reassure me that I didn't need to bother her with such a petty thing.  With the previous manager I would have been severely chastised had I not asked her permission, so it is nice not to have to insult my intelligence every time I go to work.  More work news, this evening I had the nicest chat with an old man who lived for two years on the U.S.S. Lexington, the aircraft carrier that we toured in Corpus Christi with Jill many moons ago.  It was so cool to actually talk to someone who worked on the ship.  He was telling me stories about nearly getting his head taken off by a plane, trying to sleep through storms, and the terrible food.  He was so excited to meet someone who had been on the ship and was thoroughly enjoying being able to tell old war stories.  Oh, the people you meet.  In other news, I made a huge wok full of stir fry for lunch and it turned out exceptionally good.  I also experimented with trying to make caramelized carrots with rosemary and mint, but the spices were old and it was actually quite disgusting.  I ended up tossing it in with the stir fry, so no food was lost :)
Love yall much!

-Kate

1 comment:

Songofjoy said...

Sounds like things might be a little easier around the Palace. Yeah! ~ Thank you for listening to the old man. I'm glad you had time. It's so important to take an interest in others. Our stories will come forth when it is time. Being a good listener is a gift.

Post a Comment