Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in the Mountains

Hello All,
delinquent blogger here signing in.  I wish I could post some pictures of all of the snow that we got last night, but I can't find the cord from my camera to my computer (could that be because my room looks like a pigsty?).  I have been sitting here doing homework and admissions stuff all morning but it is hard to get work done when huge flakes of snow are swirling outside your window.  Despite having worked the past six days (and the next four as well), I managed to squeak in a rather nice Thanksgiving with Marci, Carli, and a friend.  We didn't have much but we had enough to fill us up and make it feel special.  Marci cooked the turkey which turned out surprisingly well for her limited cooking skills and I fixed a strawberry spinach salad [thanks D] which also turned out surprisingly well.  So, with our plates piled high with turkey and salad we sat around the island in the kitchen and pondered over which dessert we should have first.  We had three different kinds of pumpkin pie, one which held a surprising amount of Jack Daniels, chocolate snowflake cookies which I made, and a bourbon filled chocolate one that had a creme de menthe topping.  All in all, we were stuffed.  The Palace was surprisingly slow on Thanksgiving thanks to the fact that it snowed just about the whole day contrary to weather reports.  Only about 2/3 of the reservations showed up which was a bummer for all of us.  However, at the end of our shift we ate a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner with mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, gravy, turkey, rolls, stuffing, and pumpkin pie topped with homemade whipped cream.  So, both of my Thanksgivings were good, but I would have rather only had one and been home with yall.  I hope all is well on the home front and I can't wait to see yall.  Only 13 more days!!!  Time really has flown up here.
Love yall much

-Kate

1 comment:

Papa said...

Thanks for the tasty images. Can't wait for you to get down here and cook for us. Six times a day. Plus desserts. DDL

Post a Comment