Monday, August 30, 2010

Another Happy Day In Colorado

Well, not much has changed since I last posted, but I figured it couldn't hurt to write yet another post.  I spent most of the day studying French and math for the ACT, and so far, I have been quite productive in both areas.  I think I am going crazy, but I actually miss being in school and having something to study for.  My French class starts tomorrow, and I am so excited!
I have started a food experiment where I am seeing how long I can survive on only one trip to the store.  I am at eight meals and counting and feeling successful already.  Unfortunately, I bought oatmeal.  Yeah, this could turn out quite interesting.  I currently am trying to finish the massive amounts of stir fry that I made last night so you can guess what I had for lunch and dinner. 

Not the most interesting of photos, but this was lunch. 
The haze is pouring rain and if you listen closely you can hear the thunder.

I know I said that today I was going to try out the public transit, but it rained most of the afternoon and I didn't want to get stuck at a bus stop on the other side of town soaking wet.  I did, however, get a month long bus pass, pick up a library card for up at the college, and watch the rain from the warmth of a small coffee shop while reading The Life and Letters of Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky.
Just before dinner this evening I took another barefoot stroll down the sidewalks and saw the cutest little woodpecker.  It was just a tad smaller than size of a face plate on a light switch (sorry, the only thing I can think of :) and was covered in different sized splotches of white.  I think it might have been a juvenile because it was fluffy looking, but it blended in perfectly with the wet bark of the aspen.  Not thirty seconds later I heard what sounded like an owl, so that was cool. 
Speaking of cool, it is freezing this evening!  Well, maybe around 55 which is freezing in my book, so I am going to go curl under my covers and listen to my new favorite Vivaldi piece: Cello Concerto in D minor, 406.  Love yall much

-Kate

1 comment:

Songofjoy said...

Would have loved to sit at the table beside you reading.

Post a Comment