Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Near Syncopal Episode

So, as yall know, I have been interested in continuing playing violin up here and hoped to join some group.  Well, this evening the head of the string department at Fort Lewis called and asked if I could come in tomorrow and play for her as a sort of audition for the orchestra.  AAAAHHHH @#$%?^*&^%?@#$!!!!  I somehow managed to stammer out something about how appreciative I was for the opportunity and other mumbojumbo while miraculously not have a simultaneous nervous breakdown and syncopal episode.  Are yall getting the picture here?  MAJOR KATE FREAK OUT!!!  However, I immediately called Mrs. Fletcher and she was very helpful, supportive, and encouraging.  She helped me pick out three pieces to play and we had a good conversation.  I thus spent the evening practicing until my arms felt like they were going to fall off.  All this to say, lets hope I can eek out Twinkle Strings and Happy Dance tomorrow (just kidding, I'll be playing Bach and Handel).  Much love to all

-Nervous Performer
-Almost Puking Player
-Maestro of Jitters
-Syncopal Soloist
-Kate

1 comment:

Papa said...

I can't imagine how nervous and exciting this must be. You have a thousand percent of my support, girl.

Post a Comment