Sunday, August 29, 2010

Evening Dining Colorado Style

Now, I don't have any flashy pictures to show you my yummy dinner, but it was still pretty good.  I cut up broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and ginger and mixed it all together with some soy sauce and red chili paste and spooned it over rice for a delicious dinner on the deck.  Veggie Boy from down the hall joined me and we ate and talked while watching the rain on the mountains.  I can't quite figure him out but he is nice nonetheless.  I then went for an evening stroll with Marci and we looked at the stars while discussing Linda's (lady at end of hall) odd affinity for aliens and conspiracy theories.  You would not think that this old lady would be into that kind of stuff, but apparently she has had a few encounters herself. 
I basically spent the day reading, writing out French phrases, drawing, and studying math for the ACT.  I also went for quite a long walk around the neighborhood which blessedly has very nice sidewalks on both sides of every road.  This basically means that you can meander barefoot for miles and never have to worry about cactus or cars (or the heat for that matter).  I think I will test out the public transportation tomorrow and see how possible it is to get around without a car.  Classes start on Tuesday so that is always exciting.  Well, off to bed.
Much love,
Kate

p.s. Mo, I don't know of any RC Satellite Systems.  Is that Selina's internet in Austin?

p.p.s Mo and D, your dinner still looks better than mine.  Wish I was there :)

1 comment:

Papa said...

. . . Country girl meets sidewalk . . . Gotta love it.

Post a Comment